And so there is this incredible remark which a guy from Wired told me, that there are only two industries which refer to their customers as users, drugs and computers.
I have been a containerd reviewer since 2021 and become a committer in 2022.
A simple maze generator for my kids.
I used to blog actively, but now I'm focusing more on this website to write something I'd maintain for a while.
Framework Laptop is my daliy driver. It is a good Linux laptop.
Go is my primary language from 2021.
I worked for Amazon from 2012 to 2023.
Things to write
- Simple, correct, fast: in that order - It is really hard to do that though
- Computers can be understood
- Do the hard one second
- Error Handling in Node.js - Operational errors vs. programmer errors.
- Python Packaging Is Good Now
- TestDouble - Dummy objects, fake objects, stubs, spies and mocks.
- TestCoverage -
Test coverage is a useful tool for finding untested parts of a codebase. Test coverage is of little use as a numeric statement of how good your tests are.
- Bash Strict Mode
- The Tragedy of systemd
- Frequently Asked Questions for FreeBSD - Especially Why should I care what color the bikeshed is? and How many FreeBSD hackers does it take to change a lightbulb?
- On Code Review -
Code review should probably always be your top priority
- World Time Buddy - Seattle, New York and Tokyo
It is valuable to understand the patterns. Sending these links to individuals seems like a trolling though.
- Your Code Displays Japanese Wrong - About Unicode's Han Unification
- What Is Mojibake? - Not that relevant in this Unicode era though.
- Betteridge's law of headlines - Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.
- Cunningham's Law - The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer.
- Godwin's law - As an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.
- Postel's law - Be conservative in what you send, be liberal in what you accept.
- Hyrum's law - With a sufficient number of users of an API, it does not matter what you promise in the contract: all observable behaviors of your system will be depended on by somebody.
- Spurious Correlations - Correlation does not imply causation.
- HTTP Semantics - Most likely I need this.
- HTTP resources and specifications - Good links to other HTTP specs.
- OCI runtime spec
- OCI distribution spec
- OCI image spec
- Planet Money - About economics.
- CoRecursive - Good well-edited tech interviews.
- Your Undivided Attention
Coloring pages / Worksheets
I'm not a minimalist, but I'd like to be.
- Hundred Rabbits - They are living in a sailboat and making own personal computing stack.
- Ink & Switch
Devs who draw
People I know
People I know, but including people I saw in Amazon's big meetings.
- Marc Brooker - One of few AWS super senior engineers who blog regularly.
- Colm MacCárthaigh - Another super senior engineer, not regularly updated though.
- Samuel Karp - Sam was the face of AWS containers in the open-source world. He works for Google now but I still can work with him because of open-source!
Blockchain / web3
I am still skeptical.
- Letter in Support of Responsible Fintech Policy - I signed.
- Line Goes Up (2022) - Good documentary about NFT, starting from the 2008 financial crisis.
- Microservices (2020) - KRAZAM videos are almost all good. I still love this classic.
- Video Killed the Radio Star (2014) - Pomplamoose nowadays is seems much sustainable, but this "projector" series was too good.
- Sen Morimoto's Live on KEXP at Home (2021) - Especially this part that he covers Mitski.
- 103 Bits of Advice I Wish I Had Known (2022) by Kevin Kelly - It is moved from kk.org to his 2023 book "Excellent Advice for Living", but the original is still in the Internet Archive.
- How To Be Successful (2009) by Sam Altman
- 不登校 (わたしがそうだったので)
- 開発イテレーション偏重 (2019)
- キーボードとアジャイル開発 (2011) - キネシスにトラックポイントを無理やりつける。なぜか翻訳文体なのも良い。
- nippper - 模型
- Misreading Chat - 森田さんと向井さんの、コンピュータサイエンス周辺の論文を読むポッドキャスト。
- YAMAGATA Hiroo Official Japanese Page - 評論家で、クルーグマンやレッシグの翻訳でも知られる山形浩生さん。
- ブログ: 山形浩生の「経済のトリセツ」
- youkoseki.com - 小関悠さん。小説とテクノロジー関連のコラム
- ニュースレター: たよりない話
- 法蓮草の森 - 森田さん。
- Jun Mukai's blog - 向井さん。
- なーんだ、ただの水たまりじゃないか - karino2 さん。『Android を支える技術』著者。
- ポッドキャスト: プログラム雑談
- nattou.org - 常にペイントツールを作り続けていてすごい。
- A Day in the Life - 舘野さん。
- 0xcc.net - 高林さん。